SMHR 2016 Call for Abstracts
Abstract submissions for the Society of Mental Health Research (SMHR) 2016 Conference are now closed. The conference will be held at The University of Sydney, Sydney, 7-9 December 2016.
This year’s Conference theme is ‘The New Wave’ reflecting both the broad range of mental health and psychiatry research from the sub-cellular to translation and implementation science as well as the spectrum of diagnoses that are covered.
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee, you must also intend to register for the Conference. Online submission is the only method of receipt of abstracts.
|Abstract submissions open||June 2016|
|Abstract submissions close||CLOSED|
|Registration opens||8 August 2016|
|Authors notified of abstract acceptance||17 October 2016|
|Early-bird registration close||21 October 2016|
|Speaker registration close||31 October 2016|
|SMHR 2016 Conference||7-9 December 2016|
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract.
- Please select Symposium if you wish to submit a complete Symposium session. Please have the lead researcher submit all the abstracts under one profile
- Please select Oral Presentation if you wish for your abstract to be considered for Oral Presentation
- Please select Poster if you wish to be considered for this type of Presentation
There are three types of presentation formats.
Combined submission of 4 – 6 individual presentations submitted by one author on behalf of the group and under one common theme. Please ensure all information relating to each individual symposium presentation is included in the one abstract submitted. The standard time allocated per symposium is 90 minutes; session time will be confirmed in the acceptance letters.
Oral Presentations will be notified of their length of presentation time in the acceptance letters. Abstracts not selected for Oral Presentation may be eligible for a Poster Presentation.
A poster presentation constitutes a visual display of research projects. Your poster must not extend beyond the boundaries of your display board – one display board will be allocated per poster. The poster display will be an integral part of the program with dedicated times for delegates to interact with poster authors and ask questions. Full details of the format and display of Posters will be detailed within acceptance notifications sent to nominated presenting authors.
The Society for Mental Health Research (SMHR) 2016 Conference is seeking abstracts relevant to the following themes:
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Animal Models of Mental Illness
- Cortical Development
- Prevention Trials
- Mental Health Nursing
- E-Mental Health
- Circadian Rhythms and Sleep
- Translational Psychiatry
- Substance Abuse
- Clinical Trials
- Affective Disorders
- Biological Psychiatry
- Youth Mental Health
- Child Psychiatry
- Occupational therapy in mental health
- Physical health in Mental Illness
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – POSTER PRESENTATION
Abstract submission is a three step process:
Abstract template: Download the Abstract Template, save to your desktop and complete it. Use the template to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts submitted not using the correct template will be returned for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and justified.
- Your abstract text should follow the specified word limitation within the template; excluding references, title and affiliations.
- There is to be a maximum of two references.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in. parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Your abstract should clearly, and where applicable, concisely outline the Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- After completing the template, move onto step 2.
Creating an account/log in into the Speakers Portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the button above entitled “SUBMIT ABSTRACT”.
Once you have done this and you have not previously submitted an abstract please click “Create New Account”. Your contact details will be required to create the account. You will be automatically logged in, as well as emailed a password for future use.
Once you’ve created an account within this portal you can upload the abstract, review briefing notes, register for the Conference and review speaker terms and conditions at any time by logging in.
Submitting your Abstract
Click on “New Abstract.” You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The Title of your Abstract
- Name and Organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors
- A brief biography of the Presenting Author, the biography should be no more than 100 words
- Your Completed Template.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the website and the speaker portal.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly and has successfully been converted to a PDF file, during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Conference Office on T +61 3 9645 6311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
If you submitted an abstract prior to 28 August 2016, notification of Authors will be communicated by Monday 3 October 2016. Authors of abstracts submitted for poster presentation only will be notified once their abstract has been reviewed. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
ABSTRACT SPEAKER REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register and pay for the Conference by 21 October 2016 in order for the presentation to be included in the Conference Program.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Conference Office:
Society for Mental Health Research (SMHR) 2016 Conference Office: